Coralline Hydroxyapatite Bone Graft Substitute
- No Biological Rejection
- No Disease Transmission
- No Additional Surgery Necessary to Collect the Bone for Grafting
- Offer an Interconnected Porosity Similar to Human Cancellous Bone
- Provide a Framework Which the Host Bone can Regenerate & Heal
- USA- Patented Silicon Ion Containing HA Speeds Up the Bone Regeneration (Si-Content : Avg. 0.6wt%)
- Under Strict FDA Regulations & GMP Compliance, Ensuring the Highest Product Quality
AP(Alkaline Phosphate) Activity
This figure shows alkaline phosphate (AP) activity in human mesenchymal stem cells cultured on BD and BoneMedik-S.
AP is an enzyme whose activity refl ects diff erentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells to bone forming osteoblastic cells.
Higher AP activity means the human mesenchymal stem cells are diff erentiating towards the bone forming osteoblast phenotype to a greater degree.
Cells were cultured on calcium phosphate scaff old, Catalog No. 354617 (BD), BoneMedik-S scaff old (Coral).
The fact that AP is higher in human mesenchymal stem cells on BoneMedik-S (coral) than in human mesenchymal cells on BD suggest that cell on BoneMedik-S are better able to form bone than cells on BD.
These preclinical data suggest BoneMedik-S might be superior to other scaff olds in stimulating bone growth.
(Pre-Study in Penn State Hershey Milton. S. Medical Center in PA, USA / META R&D Institute, KOREA. 2009)
Eye Observation HA
Micro Observation HA
De Novo Bone
Eye Observation Si-HA
Micro Observation Si-HA
pore Size μm
Compressive Strength Mpa
Clinical Test Results
Case 1Lumbar Interbody Cage
Case 2ACDF with Cervical Cage
Case 3Upper Tibial Osteotomy for Degenerative Arthritis Cage
Knee joint degenerative arthritis High tibial osteotomy
8 months later
by courtesy of M.D.,Ph.D. Kim. Y.M (Prof.,C.B National University, 2008)
Chip / Cage Type
further product information